Wines

J.M. Sohler

Alsace (Bas-Rhin)

J.M. Sohler

Situated 30 km south west of Strasbourg, J.M. Sohler finds its home in Blienschwiller, a hamlet surrounded by high quality wine producers. To the north lies Nothalten, a city that formerly produced Sylvaner, but now noted for its Rieslings, especially Grand Cru Muenchberg. To the south lies Dambach-la-Ville, considered by many to be the best wine village in the Bas-Rhin.

Where winemaking has been a tradition for centuries, the two houses pictured on the label are the home and winery of the Sohler family. The caves, where all the wine is matured, date back to 1563. Matured in both 228 litre barrels as well as 5000 litre century-old French oak casks, J.M. Sohler’s wines originate exclusively from the vineyards’ own hand-picked harvest. J.M. Sohler currently bottles 25,000 – 30,000 bottles each year, which is approximately 40% of its total production. The remaining 60% is sold in bulk to larger négociants of the region. These include some of the most prominent and internationally recognized wineries from the Alsace, including F.E. Trimbach, Domaine Klipfel and J. Hauller & Fils.